Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The Last Kiss


Blog nerds, hip-hop heads, thugs, hustlers, and lyric aficionados UNITE! The champ is here!

The isn't a very informative post, it's one of celebration.

Months ago, I decided that I wasn't going to read/write/post/preview/sample ANYTHING related to this album until it was released. For once in this modern internet era, I wanted that old feeling of listening to an album for the first time. Like back in high school, when an album came out and at most all you had heard was 2-3 songs on a late night mix show or a Clue tape or something. Nowadays, if you try hard enough, you can get a hold of demo tracks, and studio sessions all the way up to the finished product, weeks before it's intended to hit the streets. More times that not, it taints the listening experience. NOT THIS TIME!

If an artist or album is worth your time, it has to be digested fully in one big meal...and that's exactly how I plan on hearing The Last Kiss for the first time later tonight. All at once, without the haze of preconceived notions about what this album is or isn't supposed to be. I've managed to only hear 2 songs. I don't know who the album's producers are. I don't know who's making guest appearances. I know nothing, and that ignorance is bliss.

It's almost impossible to have a pure listening experience anymore . . .but I've made it. All the way to album release day. I put in the "effort" because I had a strong feeling that this album had classic potential. Here's hoping Jada doesn't let me down.

No comments: