Monday, April 27, 2009

Sometimes I Hate Sports . . .


(Pardon the annoying Spanish commentary)

I know 90% of you reading don't give a shit, but give me a minute to vent...

It's the next morning, and I still can't understand it.
Juuuuust when I thought NY had already invented every imaginable way to suck and make me feel stupid for caring, they come up with a new one. Up 2-1 AT HOME (in an EMPTY house) to DC United (our supposed arch-rivals) in the 89th F**KING MINUTE . . .and the whistle blows and I walk out of that shitbox stadium with a 3-2 loss.

I've seen alot of shit happen in that god-forsaken place, but DAMN.

The saddest part is the fact that as it all happened...NO ONE in the stands was shocked. Surprised? Sure. But losing that game was still somehow possible in everyone's mind. Amazing. No one was throwing shit, or yelling as they left. More than anything...people LAUGHED. That's how ridiculous it's gotten to be a NY fan. Everyone is so miserable and jaded that they can't even "shed a tear" anymore...we laugh. Because that's what you do when you're watching clowns at a circus. You laugh.

No comments: