Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Lil' B ft. Jean Grae & Phonte - Base For Your Face



9th Wonder on them beats.

I am now officially ecstatic to have a Twitter account.  9th has been hyping this joint up all day, and absolutely screaming on anyone who trashed it before they even heard it.  Honestly, my first thought was that if nothing else, this shit will be interesting, and the debates that follow it will be incredible.  I live for that shit.

Then it dawned on me...holy shit, 9th and Phonte together??
Then I remembered my Jean Grae infatuation.
Then 9th linked to this legitimately good Lil' B joint (aptly) titled "The Growth"
After that, I was down.

Excuse me as I listen to this for the first time . . .
::10min later::

You know what?  Whyyyyyy not?!  The kid is making a real effort to step it up.  I can't hate.  Won't hate.  Maybe some Lil' B fans go get a Little Brother album after this.

1 comment:

wuh said...

Lil B is not making an effort to "step it up," really. he was more honest rapper before he made all of the "hoes on my dick" songs he eventually got famous for....Not to mention he can rap way better than he did in his verses for "base for your face" (not like I didn't like them though)