Friday, July 24, 2009

Big Sean - Getcha Some



Wooow, I forgot about this song, and its just now getting a video.
This is silly old.

Like...at the beginning of the "streetwear" explosion old.
Like...it was on Kanye's pre-Graduation "Can't Tell Me Nothin'" mixtape (Spring '07).

Wait a minute...now that I listen again, I think he switched up some of the lyrics to ditch "old" brands for new "cool" ones. THAT is funny.

It was kinda the jam though. I was mad fresh in '07, lol. You know how dudes get really old and keep talking about that one year when they were the shit, like "Booooy, you don't know! Back in '86, I had the powder blue Buick Park Ave and all the light-skinded bitches". I think either '06 or '07 is gonna be my year. I done fell off.

But back on topic...I'd also like to say that the dozens of videos that have been released in the last 2 years with this very similar video treatment have absolutely ruined the magic of Justice's "D.A.N.C.E.", which at one point was in my Top 10 favorite music videos of all time. Sad, really.

No comments: