Friday, July 31, 2009

Drake Explains "Best I Ever Had" Video



I've been trying to tell people for MONTHS that "Best I Ever Had" isn't a friggin' love song. Has no one actually listened to the lyrics, or did we all just decide to grab the chorus and run with it?

Fans all over the interwebs gave Drake a big "WTF" for his big titty extravaganza, bitching and whining that it didn't match the (wrongly perceived) theme of the song and didn't cater to his (largely) female fan base. I KNEW that clip was going to fly over everyone's head . . .because no one actually LISTENS to the music anymore. Read my initial reaction.

Anyway . . .Drake was up on MTV.com and had this to say about it:
“If you listen to the song, I’m not saying the most graceful thing in the world. It’s not the most heartfelt song,” Drizzy continued. “I say some pretty wild things in regards to women in the actual song. When me and Kanye were in the studio working on a song for Big Sean, we were talking about it. We saw a comedic element to it. I felt that the climate in the world right now, everything in the world is so serious all the time, my life is serious, I just wanted to laugh, instead of taking myself too serious as the heartthrob and walking hand-in-hand into the movies and taking my shirt off. I felt it’s not that time for me yet. Or maybe never."

Yeah. So for everyone too thick to realize that there was absolutely nothing romantic about "Best I Ever Had", and singing that shit like it was a fuckin' Al Green record or something...congrats, you played yourself.

No comments: