Monday, February 21, 2011

Kanye West ft. Rihanna & Kid CuDi - All of the Lights



Yeah, yeah, this is now old by internet standards, but did you really think some Kanye shit would come out and I wasn't gonna talk about it?  C'mon, now.  Besides, it was a busy weekend...leave me alone!

Anyway...I still don't know how I feel about this song.  Love it musically.  Don't know what the hell it actually "means".  Wish Rihanna was nowhere near it*.  Love the fact that there are 501 random guest vocalists in the song.  Love that the video looks exactly the way the songs sounds in my head.  Yes, that last sentence made perfect sense.

* Rihanna has become so offensive to my ears and musical sensibilities that I can't even care that she hasn't worn clothes in the past 12 months**.  She's that bad.  Butt-nekkid 24/7, and I still want her to go away.

** Footnote to a footnote:  Let's say you were some sort of marketing/PR type person.  In a million years, would you ever tell your pop princess client that the way to re-brand her image after a violent attack from her superstar boyfriend is to go full Slutwave?  Am I the only one shocked that it worked?

No comments: