Monday, November 10, 2008

MGMT ft. Jim Jones - Electric Feel (RMX)


[Warning: Author get his StereoSnob on]

I've never been more reluctant to share a song with you as I am with this one. To state it plainly, I think Jim Jones is THE FUCKING WORST. I can't stand his music, his persona, and I hold him solely responsible for the horrible way my fellow Black men have been dressing for the last two years (there's a special place in Hell for you, Christian Audigier)

So, you can imagine my horror when I read the headline "MGMT ft. Jim Jones". I didn't know whether to laugh, cry, vomit, or somehow combine the 3 (like that one time in Caesar's Palace...but I digress). On one hand, I was sure that Jones would drop the single whackest verse my delicate elitist ears would ever have to suffer through . . .on the other hand, I was terrified by the prospect of this clown pulling off a miracle and spittin' hot fiyah. It's Monday afternoon. I'm not ready for such a debacle this early in the week.

Luckily, and for the sake of my sanity, not only is Jim Jones at his AAAABBBB lamest, but homie isn't even on beat for his 2 (REALLY?! 28 bars?!) verses.

Proceed at your own risk.

No comments: