Thursday, January 15, 2009

Biggie Smalls - Party & Bullshit



Alright, here it is. Blogger self-defense!

I had to make this post, because I hear you all thinking to yourselves, "How was 'Party & Bullshit' not the first Biggie song he heard?! Yo, you whack, B!"

Let's remember a few things. "P&B" was recorded back in '93. Well over a year before Ready To Die, and even before he changed his name from Biggie Smalls to Notorious B.I.G.. Biggie was a NOBODY when this came out. Look at the (official) video for efph sake. Shit, this is even before the mixtape era really got moving. There was no buzz around Biggie until "Juicy" anywhere outside of Brooklyn. Universally, nobody was really rockin' "Party & Bullshit" until after BIG died.

That said, this is probably my 2nd favorite Biggie song (behind "Unbelievable" and maybe "The What") Don't try to front on me and tell me you had a tape with this on it back in '93!

No comments: