Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Tanya Morgan: Brooklynatti

(Listen Carefully)



...and then I remembered why I loved Hip-Hop.

It doesn't happen often, so I'm extra nerded out when it does . . .but folks, Tanya Morgan has recorded a PERFECT song. This is flawless. The beat, the verses, the concept, the hook. Perfect. Simple without being boring. Layered without being too complex. Absolute magic.

So, I FINALLY got time to listen to TM's new album, Brooklynatti from front to back (thanks to a long ass drive to Princeton...ahem), and I can say with certainty that it's the best, most complete pure Hip-Hop (you know I'm serious when I spell it with caps) album I've heard in a long time. I got the same feeling from this as I did the first time I listened to Below The Heavens. It's that good.

No comments: