Thursday, May 7, 2009

That New Bleek? Nah, son.



OK . . .I usually don't "attack" a song like this and I support blogger positivity (yeah)
but something about this song (and the reaction to it) irks me.

Apparently, the radio-listening public in NYC is loving this new Bleek jam, but let's be crystal about 2 things:
1) That beat and hook from Pharrell damn sure wasn't make for Bleek. Did you SERIOUSLY think Bleek was getting that shit in 2009? It's actually from Fam-Lay's track on the Fast & Furious soundtrack.
2) Close your eyes. Clear your head, and listen to that song again. Pay attention to the quirks in the flow and the vocabulary. If you think "Big Homie" didn't write this...you're nuts.

I know, I know...I sound like a "hater" (whatever that means), but I have a right to spazz every now and then, don't I? Yes, I do.
Now that I think about it, I know what bothers me about this...it's a perfect microcosmic example of how out of touch NY radio is with the music these days. Of coruse Hot 97 doesn't know the Fam-Lay song. Of course they still believe that Memphis Bleek is getting Pharrell on a track at this stage in his career? Why wouldn't they...not like anyone involved with NY radio is either under 35, or up on anything relevant outside Top 40 pop.

Whatever.

No comments: