Thursday, June 11, 2009

Clipse ft. Pharrell - I'm Good . . .and a timely crackpot theory



CHAD HUGO involvement, FTMFW!!! Kaws on the artwork too, btw.
2nd single from Till The Casket Drops. Sounds like a Part 2 for this.

Jam that shit.

Oh and how's this for irony (or random coincidence)...
No lie, just before I sat back down at this laptop, I was bitching to myself about how boring today's (like, literally today) new music was. Out of the blue I was hatching another random crackpot theory that if Philly's Most Wanted's Get Down Or Lay Down album never came out, then maybe Lord Willin' wouldn't have been the instant classic that it was. Then BAM, we get a new Neptunes-produced Clipse jam. Ain't that somethin'?

Right now, I assume no one has any idea what I'm talking about...and it's making me laugh a little at myself. But think about it. PMW came out about a year before Clipse. It was a Neptunes-heavy album (with some of their best beats that STILL most people have never heard) and centered arond more "street" music (i.e. gun & drug talk) than Chad & P were usually associated with at the time. Just sayin'...PMW's album was like a great practice run for creating the Clipse masterpiece.

No comments: