Thursday, January 14, 2010

MLS Super Draft 2010




Good mornin', folks!

I am crazy excited this morning.  It's Draft Day!  The 2010 MLS season has (un)officially begun.  I'll keep this short, because I'm on a crazy tight schedule . . .

 - I will be at the Philly Convention Center this afternoon.  Leaving in about 45min, and making a stop in Princeton to pick up my partner-in-crime / photographer.
 - Thanks to the brilliance of Steve Jobs and his magical telephone device, I will be doing somewhat of a live update from the festivities.

However...
If you're looking for big opinion on picks/players/etc...this ain't the place to get it.  I don't know shit about them kids and won't pretend to.  I'm going to the draft for one big reason...the first official gathering of (what I will from now on call) "The Five Families".  This will be the first time that all the fan-bases of the 5 Northeastern teams (NY, Philly, DC, NE and TOR) will be in the same room.  There are no words to express my joy.  So...while I'm there, I will be yelling, singing, cheering and hurling profanities at various strangers, as well as consoling my ESC brothers when NY doesn't draft Dilly Duka.

Live update (once I get rolling around 10) after the jump . . .


10:05 - Rollin'!  Ditching work ridiculously early without telling my "boss", because I simply don't value my employment here.  I have better things to do.  On to Philly!

2 comments:

Brian said...

I hear you guys are the proud owners of Chris Albright

Faux Fur and Soccer Shirts said...

I got a crisp $20 that says he never plays a single regular season minute for us. I just hope he isn't being paid too much.