Monday, September 13, 2010

First Post on Monday = Kanye West

If I'm gone for the whole weekend, I think we all know what the first Monday post is gonna be for a while: Kanye's weekly G.O.O.D. Friday jam.

This time, the song is actually titled, "G.O.O.D. Friday", and features the bulk of the label roster, with Common, CuDi, Big Sean, Charlie Wilson, and the Clipse's Pusha T making his debut of sorts with his new family:
   Kanye West - Good Friday (feat. Common, Pusha T, Kid Cudi, Big Sean & Charlie Wilson) by Epic_Network

Also, at last night's Thank God I Have a TiVo, Because I'm 28, and Alot Of This Shit makes Me Violently Ill Awards, 'Ye premiered a new joing with Pusha T called "Runaway".  If you know me personally, then you know this just might get Theme Music Status:


When he first came out on the MPC, I thought he was just gonna do a short instrumental set or something.  That would have been dope!  The world's most (unnecessarily) controversial rapper, for the most anticipated performance . . .to not even rap?  Would have been great.  I liked this song anyway, so we're good.  If you like, you can get an mp3 of the live jammie.  Of course if/when he releases a studio version, you know where to come to find it.

UPDATE:  I missed this while blowing through the VMA's last night . . .but Taylor Swift is seriously the biggest cornball alive.  WTF was that song/performance?  She treated the Kanye thing like it was a public assault that's she's spent a year in therapy for.  Good grief.  And now I'm reading that she was supposed to appear on stage with Kanye to close the show, but she waited until the last minute to refuse.  I'm a bit disappointed in Kanye for even wanting to do that in the first place.  What's the point?

No comments: