Saturday, January 2, 2010

Jay-Z ft. Swizz Beatz - On to the Next One



Hello, internets.
I was gonna be mega-lazy and have a typical post-free weekend, but I got one of those "streets is watchin' " (no pun intended) feelings in my bones that told me to nerd it up and get to work...so let's see what's been missed...

I'm not a huge fan of this jam.  It's Exhibit A in my case that Blueprint 3 wasn't so much an album, but a desperate letter from the girl that was prom queen 5yrs ago, desperate to tell everyone that she's still pretty.  But that's just my opinion. 
On the visual side, I give Jay credit for making a "weird" video like this, because it's amazing hater bait.  Err'body with internet access is gonna spend a week talking about how Hov ain't Hip-Hop no more, because there was no shots of the projects or chrome rims in his new shit.  Oh well.  Life is hard when you are your genre's first true mega-star with a long shelf life.

No comments: