Tuesday, October 7, 2008

BMXin' It

Yup, yup. Your boy needed a new hobby . . .and he needs to friggin' exercise.
I am a firm believer that running is for the birds (by the way . . .have you heard?), so that was completely out of the question.
So what's a young urbanite to do? Get a bike. Ride number one will be the low-cost, brightly colored beauty you see above. Forget all that mountain bike and Lance Armstorng stuff. I can't be fly on a 12 speed, son. BMX gives me the hobby, a pain-free exercise (until I try to get fancy and bust my ass . . .maximum of 11 minutes), AND I get to satisfy my lust for cool lookin' shit and customization.
I'm gonna go ridonk with this thing, too. By the time I'm done, it's gonna look like a prop from a M.I.A. video. Right now, I'm thinking white wheels, yellow tires and purple handlebars. Oh, snap...and I already have the kicks to match.
_________________________________________________

UPDATE:

I done done it! I didn't get the bike in the pic above . . .I upgraded that bitch.
No simple Mongoose for me, I went semi-baller and got a GT Compe. Why? Because I've wanted a GT or Dyno since I was about 8 and my mom wouldn't give me one. TAKE THAT, MA!!!
I swapped out the stock black grips for the white joints right away. I thought about white wheels (same style), but the dude told me they were $150 a piece. Suddenly the black ones looked better. What I can, and probably will do, though is get them re-spoked with white ones and keep the black rims. That would only be about $60 and probably looks better anyway.

Gaze upon 20" of glory and freshiosity:

No comments: