Saturday, October 11, 2008

Oddisee 101 &102


I want to make sure that you pay attention when you read this post, so I'm going to make a bold claim:
Washington DC emcee/producer, Oddisee, is the most valuable figure in the traditional hip-hop scene since J-Dilla. Let that marinate for a minute.

Doubt my claim? I invite you to check out the 2-disc set he dropped a few weeks back, 101 & 102. I don't exaggerate in the slightest when I say that Oddisee is the only person out today that that has a legitimate place in both the Top 5 Emcees or Top 5 Producers conversation.

If that wasn't enough argument for you to buy this double album, let me run through (some of) the guest appearance list: Little Brother, Flying Lotus, M.E.D., Jean Grae, Kenn Starr and Don Will of Tonya Morgan . . .damn.

No comments: