Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008, I'm Sorry...

2008, I know it's probably a little foul on my part to do this as a blog post, but it has to be done. We've know each other for about a year now, and we've been through alot, but...

It's over.

I'm sorry.

Actually . . .I shouldn't lie to you. I'm not sorry at all. You were horrible. Not just to me, but to everyone on this planet. How is that even possible? I mean . . .you . . .really . . .sucked. You sucked in every way that a year could suck. You sucked personally, nationally and globally. You sucked financially. You sucked politically. You sucked socially. You sucked artistically.

Money is gone, homes are gone, innocent lives are gone, creativity is gone, and people just don't smile like they used to. I know what you're thinking, "You still haven't gotten over 2006". Maybe you're right. She was really good to me, but that's still no excuse for the dark cloud you put over us all. I know I'm a young guy, but I can't remember a time like this when everyone was miserable.

You know, during our whole relationship, you only gave me one good gift . . .and in the end, I'm going to get more use out of it in 2009 than I did with you. Oh, and speaking of 2009...I may as well let you know that I'll be with her next. We're going to make it official tonight. I know it's going to start out rough because of all the damage you've done, but I have hope. 2009 has to be better than you were.

Again, I'm sorry to do it this way . . .but it had to be done.

Goodbye, 2008.

No comments: