Friday, April 23, 2010

New N.E.R.D. Album, "Nothing" . . .June 15

(Image via BBC/Ice Cream)

I heard Bill Clinton spits a hot 16 on track 5.

New N.E.R.D. right at the start of summer?  Damn right.  Perfect timing.
Prepare yourselves, because nothing sends me into a new music frenzy like new N.E.R.D. or new Kanye.  There are gonna be a thousand posts/rants/hopes/fears/expectations/terrors on this blog leading up to that release...all with a predictable timeline:

I'll hear a song snippet...hate it...blog about it...say I'm afraid of how bad this album is gonna be...repeat x 4-5 songs...album release...I have a lukewarm initial response...a month later I'm in love with it and it's the only album I play in my car all summer.  I promise, that's exactly how this is gonna work.  I know myself quite well.

So let's get it started, shall we?!  
I already shared these live clips with you a little while ago.  Now we have a CDQ snippet (I HATE snippets) of "Hot & Fun", and it seems Ms. Nelly Furtado* is involved.  My thoughts:  It's a whatever jam...sober.  Give me either a beach and a bikinified woman, or a dark club, strobe-lighted out...and I can definitely efph with it.


* Starting XI on the Underrated Fine All-Stars

No comments: