Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Quadron - Average Fruit


I can't tell you how happy I am that I came across this.

One of the prize gems of my music collection is the Danish "soul" album, Living With Owusu & Hannibal.  The music was like nothing I've ever heard before, and haven't since.  Actually, the way I got into it was via a (very brief) MySpace convo with Phonte of Little Brother a few years ago when I asked him to recommend some jams.  It's without a doubt, one of the best things I own.

So...after waiting and waiting for all this time, nothing new from O&H had popped up.  But now, I have something.  Robin Hannibal, the production half of O&H has formed a new partnership with Danish songstress, Coco O, and they have released an album under the name Quadron.  I've heard 3 songs before and it seems to have alot of the same magic as the O&H "record" but with a slight 60's R&B twist.  Can't wait to sit and play it all the way through.

No comments: