Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Kid CuDi ft. MGMT & RATATAT - Pursuit of Happiness



Get it?  All them parties don't make you happy, kids.
Or whatever.

At this point, it's impossible for me to say anything about CuDi without tail-spinning into a rant about the divergent appreciation and annoyance I feel about all his jams . . .so I'll shut up early.

I lied . . .

Are we as fans gonna allow CuDi to align himself as Baby Kanye in the "tortured 'urban' artist" segment, when A) He only has one album, and B) Creatively, he's only responsible for the hum-drum (yet very honest and introspective) lyrics on his shit, not the incredible "soundscapes" that are the REAL reason anyone listens to his album in the first place?

Just sayin'.
I thoroughly enjoy CuDi's music, as I'm sure most of you readers do...but how much of it is ACTUALLY because of CuDi?  Give a dozen other artist those tracks, and we're talking Album of the Year and all-time classic, genre-changing material the likes of Graduation or Food & Liquor.

No comments: