Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Editors - You Don't Know Love



This just might be my new favorite video.
Not to get all art house and whatnot, but that dance routine is the perfect interpretation of a modern relationship.  The battle, the love, the nosey people "watching" everything you do.  OK, maybe just MY modern relationship...let's move on...

More important than the singularity of this jam is that fact that, despite my pre-release freak outs, I actually think Editors' In This Light And On This Evening is fantastic (Even "Papillion" is better in the context of a full album).  I've been jammin' it for weeks, don' know why I haven't mentioned it.  I can see why many would toss out the word "derivative" for it...but whatever.  The shit works.  It's a definite advancement for Editors, without losing the core of why I listened to them in the first place.  In fact, I think they might be the first of the 1000 British bands to make the guitar-to-synth transition and get a full thumbs up from me.

No comments: