Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Kid CuDi...WTF?


(Photo from Plain Pat's Twitter...I think)

As you've heard me rant at least 3 times before, there's something about Kid CuDi that bothers me.  There's a clear immaturity to alot of his music.  His lyrics and interviews make him sound like an overwhelmed 16yr old.  Yes, he's very creative, very honest and I give him a ton of credit for being so open and introspective...but damn.

Grow up, CuDi

What you see above is a photo of CuDi being hassled by LAPD yesterday in a case of "mistaken identity".  5 patrol cars roll up, give his crew the business and put them in cuffs because they thought he was a thief.  Right.  I assume the worst from cops, especially LA/NYPD, but I'm very disappointed in CuDi's response to the whole thing:
“We’re in LA, it’s a rowdy place in the United States, you know? And a lot of shit goes down. And these cops have to use force. So it’s, like, I understand that they were doing their job. I just wish we weren’t in that place at that time.”
He essentially apologized to LAPD . . .for doing nothing.  And worse, rationalized the use of police force on the basis of assumption.  How could those words come out of a fully-functional Black man's mouth?  I hope CuDi gets a ton of bad press for this in the next few day.  He needs to wake up.

No comments: