Monday, December 28, 2009

UPDATE: The Post-Christmas Recap


UPDATE:  I changed my mind, I'm gonna throw everything from the last 3-4 days worth mentioning into one big post.  Much easier this way.

Salutations, and all that, people.
Back in the (literal and figurative) office for the first time since last Wednesday...
...and it feels mighty fine.

I imagine the bulk of stuff this morning is gonna be a recap of what I was too lazy and chilled out to bother coming online and telling you about all weekend...SO, let's get to work (in a rapid-fire fashion until I catch up).

Get the goods after the J. Nathaniel . . .



Necessary Item #1:
Part 1 in a 3 part EP series by J*Davey.  If you've been around here long enough, you know my affinity for J*Davey, if not, consider this series your chance to get your Clinton Sparks on*.
Download Part 1 here.

*Applaud yourself if you got the joke

Item #2:
A quick 4-jam mixtape for Christmas (not Christmas jams, per se) from The Cool Kids and Don Cannon.

Item #3:
Here's the first taste of an album I am VERY much looking forward to.  "Keep Going" is the first single from rapper/producer Black Milk's upcoming Album of the Year 2010 (yup, that's the title), due next summer.

Item #4:
Snoop ft. Pharrell, Charlie Wilson & Nelly - Feet Don't Fail Me Now
The only time Snoop is listenable is over a Neptunes track.  This definitely isn't a finished song, because Snoop's verses aren't laid, and that's a good thing, because I can actually groove on summa this.  From what I'm reading, it was meant for last year's album (whatever it was called), but didn't make the cut for whatever dumb reason.  Wish the woulda let Uncle Charlie rock this as a solo joint.

Item #5:
Spike Lee-directed video for the last truly new Michael Jackson song we'll ever get.
Michael Jackson - This Is It - Directed by Spike Lee from 40 Acres and a Mule Filmworks on Vimeo.

Item #6:
Amerie ft. Fabolous - More Than Love

Amerie = The #1 reason why my girl and I could never have a daughter.  If she came out looking like that, I'd have 47 murder charges keeping the town's male population away from my front door.  Ugh.

No comments: