Monday, October 12, 2009

Egyptian Hip-Hop and Saving the Children



Faux Fur & Soccer Shirts is for the children!
Let me get this out of the way first:  Egyptian Hip-Hop are neither Egyptian, nor are they a Hip-Hop ensemble.  They are, in fact, some clever young folks from Manchester.  I'd make a joke here, but...really?  The outcome would be so cheesy that I'd be forced to give myself a snarky comment.

Back to the children:
Are there some important under-21's in your life that need musical guidance?  Have you garnered, through their incomprehensible internet-speak, that they jam on Jonas as if it were Arcade Fire ?  Personally, being the hip and fresh "adult" that you are, I think you're obligated to steer them in the right direction.  Egyptian Hip-Hop seems like a fantastic starter kit for the soon-to-be indie rock snob in your life.  Do your part.  Get them on the right path early.

No comments: