Friday, October 16, 2009

Paramore Covers Jimmy Eat World?!



WOW . . .Paramore is doing "Sweetness".  Is this actually happening, or did I have a stroke.
I guess today is the day of post about super-young vs. not-as-young anymore.

This is so bizzare to watch/hear.
"Sweetness" was my JAAAAAAAAAM in 2000.  Right when I was first getting my feet wet in the whole "There's music that doesn't involve rapping??  WHAT?!" (thank you, college)  Jimmy Eat world was one of the first bands that I got into.  Oh, to be 18 again (no thanks, really).  I remember, my roomate at the time, who first got me into this kida stuff, and I were incredibly proud of ourselves because we managed to download a version of the song that wasn't on the album.  Not even the "demo" version that shows up some places.  The audio was cheaper, the vocals sounded alot younger, there was a longer acoustic bit in the middle...it was fantastic.  To this day, it's one of the prizes of my .mp3 collection, as I haven't been able to find another copy in 9yrs.  Good times.

No comments: