Monday, October 12, 2009

Kindness - Gee Whiz



I really am a sucker for the slightest whiff of funk, and this Kindness fellow seems to have some.  According to his bio, he's from The England.  All his jams sound like PlaySkool was prominently involved with the recording process.  Is that what the kids are calling "lo-fi" these days?  I still have no idea what that means.  Not sure if I could rock a whole Kindness "LP", but for an occasional cameo appearance in shuffle mode, this works quite well.

In fact, as a stand alone quantity, the combo of this jam and video might be my favorite new thing on the webs...for at least another 20min.

UPDATE:  Oh snap, on the song, "SEDO" (see the MySpace link above), homeboy actually sampled "Saturday Love" by Alexander O'Neal (a.k.a. Mr. in my Dad's top 10 favorite artists that he would never admit is in his top 10 favorite artists).  Kindness is my homie now.  Welcome, sir.

No comments: