Monday, September 8, 2008

(UPDATED) Kanye West - Love Lockdown



Here we go, dear friends!

This is fresh as fuck. If you're not down with this song . . .don't even tell me.
I can predict the internet chatter for "tomorrow" already. KanYe fans that only listen to hip-hop are gonna hate this, but the eclectic fresh kids are gonna be all over it. This is my new jam.

Like I've said before (maybe in person and not on this blog), I'm a HUGE fan of artists who wake up in the morning, take a swig of vodka, and say to themselves, "Fuck it. I'm gonna do whatever the hell I feel like doing." THAT is what this song is. Radio won't be able to play this, TV won't know what to do with it, but dammit, it's a hot song. Cheers to Kanye!

[P.S. I expect this vid to be deleted by the time I wake up in the morning. I also assume that Mr. West will be posting something about this on Vimeo himself. One way or another, I'll keep it fresh for you.]
*****************************
9/8 Update:

Yeah, like I figured, all the vids of Kanye's performance have been yanked from the tubes by MTV, but they were nice enough to post a much better copy on the VMA site.

No comments: