Tuesday, September 16, 2008

We Were Right, Kanye Was Wrong


Before I left for work this morning, (Yes, I have a job. I'm just as amazed as you are.) I wanted to download both versions of Love Lockdown, but I couldn't find them anywhere. Legally or otherwise. I figured I'd check the source. Didn't get the jams, but I did read this on Mr. West's blog:

The Good News:
"
Your prayers have been answered!! There's a new version of love Love Lockdown coming. We used new taiko drums and I re-sung it... it's being Mastered now...."

The Bad News:
"... if you don't like autotune... too bad cause I love it and have been using it since the College Dropout!!!"

On one hand, I REALLY do hate the T-Painification of all music . . .on the other hand, my Personal Code of Freshness clearly states that I must applaud any artist who does whatever the hell they feel like doing despite fans begging him to do otherwise.

No comments: