Monday, September 29, 2008

Kings of Leon





Well . . .it only took 4 albums, about 5 years, and one of the best SNL performances that I can remember, but I am finally, and officially a Kings of Leon fan.

I could never really mess with the Brooklyn-meets-Memphis thing from their past albums. I mean, conceptually I dug it, because there was NO ONE else on Earth making music like theirs . . .but when it came time to listen, I couldn't latch on.

After seeing them bust these 2 jams on SNL last week, I got the new album Only By The Night, ...that shit is fantastic. There's isn't a bad song on it. Lyrically, musically, conceptually, it's one of the best albums I've listened to this year. I know alot of my "peeps" don't mess with KoL, but this is my official stamp and plea. Get this album ASAP.

No comments: